Friday, October 16, 2009

Kauai


Ahhh, sorry Maui, but I have a new lover. We took a 4 day vacation (yes, I understand that I live in Oahu..it's still a vacation!) to Kauai, the "Valley Isle", which is oldest of the main Hawaiian islands. Time (and wind and water)has created some amazing cliffs, razor-back mountains, and a jungle landscape. We took an hour long helicopter ride and a 4 hour boat ride to see the Na Pali cliffs, the Waimea Canyons, the waterfalls, etc. No wonder that so many movies were filmed here: all Jurrassic Park movies, Tropic Thunder, Lord of the flies, King Kong, etc. It was just so gorgeous, wild, deserted (some places) and breathtaking. It may not be fancy like Oahu or hip like Maui, but I don't care...I'm in love :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's awesome. Love the waterfalls.

    Miss you, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete